Money is the oil of the economic machine. Banking and Finance Law lays down the rules for service providers and users for paying, saving, borrowing/lending and investing. It also contains the rules relating to mortgages, pledges and seizure of property.
The laws and rules of Law are in full flux. Over recent years, legislation has become more extensive and more complex. The influence of European legislation is rather present in Finance Law.
Our specialists advise and assist domestic and foreign credit institutions and other financial institutions in, amongst others, the following matters:
- collecting loans (amongst others, business loans, mortgages, etc.)
- assistance in the event of insolvency
- compliance with legislation and regulations, anti-money laundering, etc.
- applications for licences, permits and registrations, and other contacts with supervisors
- setting-up credit and securities structures
- audit of credit and securities structures and documentation
- contact with financial intermediaries (banking and investment service agents, credit brokers, etc.)
We also provide advice and assistance for entrepreneurs and consumers for, amongst others, the following problems:
- investor losses (breaches of MiFID and disclosure requirements, etc.)
- problems relating to payment transactions (incl. problems relating to invoice fraud, phishing, etc.)
- assistance with execution and seizures
- setting-up of securities structures for commercial contracts